Santa Clara, October 17 (RHC-ACN) The wild-card series of the 57th Cuban National Baseball Series begins Tuesday with the clashes between Granma and Villa Clara at Augusto Cesar Sandino stadium, in this city, and the other match to advance to the next stage will be between Artemisa and Ciego de Avila, always with the second teams as home-club.
These series are agreed to the best of three games and the winners will be the 5th and 6th squads included in the second stage of the tournament, to which Industriales, Las Tunas, Pinar del Rio and Matanzas already qualify.
Villa Clara´s starting pitcher today will be right-hander Freddy Asiel Alvarez, said Vladimir Hernandez, his manager.
Hernandez added that ace reliever Yasmani Hernandez, OF Norel Gonzalez and 3B Yeniet Perez are recovered from their injuries and are ready for this match.
It´s supposed Alvarez will have a very tough opponent in Lazaro Blanco, best Cuban pitcher last season.
Coach Hernandez announced Alain Sanchez as starting pitcher for the second game, in Granma.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2098
- online: 121
- total: 5955704