Santa Clara, October 17 (RHC-ACN) The wild-card series of the 57th Cuban National Baseball Series begins Tuesday with the clashes between Granma and Villa Clara at Augusto Cesar Sandino stadium, in this city, and the other match to advance to the next stage will be between Artemisa and Ciego de Avila, always with the second teams as home-club.
These series are agreed to the best of three games and the winners will be the 5th and 6th squads included in the second stage of the tournament, to which Industriales, Las Tunas, Pinar del Rio and Matanzas already qualify.
Villa Clara´s starting pitcher today will be right-hander Freddy Asiel Alvarez, said Vladimir Hernandez, his manager.
Hernandez added that ace reliever Yasmani Hernandez, OF Norel Gonzalez and 3B Yeniet Perez are recovered from their injuries and are ready for this match.
It´s supposed Alvarez will have a very tough opponent in Lazaro Blanco, best Cuban pitcher last season.
Coach Hernandez announced Alain Sanchez as starting pitcher for the second game, in Granma.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 2674
- online: 116
- total: 4829460