Santa Clara, October 17 (RHC-ACN) The wild-card series of the 57th Cuban National Baseball Series begins Tuesday with the clashes between Granma and Villa Clara at Augusto Cesar Sandino stadium, in this city, and the other match to advance to the next stage will be between Artemisa and Ciego de Avila, always with the second teams as home-club.
These series are agreed to the best of three games and the winners will be the 5th and 6th squads included in the second stage of the tournament, to which Industriales, Las Tunas, Pinar del Rio and Matanzas already qualify.
Villa Clara´s starting pitcher today will be right-hander Freddy Asiel Alvarez, said Vladimir Hernandez, his manager.
Hernandez added that ace reliever Yasmani Hernandez, OF Norel Gonzalez and 3B Yeniet Perez are recovered from their injuries and are ready for this match.
It´s supposed Alvarez will have a very tough opponent in Lazaro Blanco, best Cuban pitcher last season.
Coach Hernandez announced Alain Sanchez as starting pitcher for the second game, in Granma.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 3304
- online: 109
- total: 5446234