Havana, Oct 25 (RHC-ACN)-- After six rounds, Cuban GMs Lazaro Bruzon (2660 Elo points) and Yuniesky Quesada (2619) appear among the leaders of the Spice Cup Open 2017 taking place in the American city of Saint Louis.
The leading group also includes Peruvian Jorge Cori (2657), American Ray Robson (2644), Ukranian Illya Nyzhnyk (2594), Italian Francesco Rambaudi (2574), Polish Dariusz Swiercz (2639) and Russian Aleksandr Shimanov (2640), all tied with 4.5 points, according to the website www.theweekinchess.com.
Right now, Bruzon and Quesada rank 3rd and 5th according to the tiebreak and in the previous round they both drew with Swiercz and Cori, in that order.
The Spice Cup Open 2017 is a 9-round Swiss system tournament which will finish tomorrow with another double header and is attended by 60 players.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 744
- online: 114
- total: 4831478