Havana, Oct 25 (RHC-ACN)-- After six rounds, Cuban GMs Lazaro Bruzon (2660 Elo points) and Yuniesky Quesada (2619) appear among the leaders of the Spice Cup Open 2017 taking place in the American city of Saint Louis.
The leading group also includes Peruvian Jorge Cori (2657), American Ray Robson (2644), Ukranian Illya Nyzhnyk (2594), Italian Francesco Rambaudi (2574), Polish Dariusz Swiercz (2639) and Russian Aleksandr Shimanov (2640), all tied with 4.5 points, according to the website www.theweekinchess.com.
Right now, Bruzon and Quesada rank 3rd and 5th according to the tiebreak and in the previous round they both drew with Swiercz and Cori, in that order.
The Spice Cup Open 2017 is a 9-round Swiss system tournament which will finish tomorrow with another double header and is attended by 60 players.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 3201
- online: 111
- total: 5446131