Havana, November 21 (RHC-ACN) --Antonio Becali, president of the Cuban National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation (INDER by its Spanish acronym), received Mr. Issac Kwame Asiamah, Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Ghana, at Jose Marti International Airport.
The distinguished guest thanked Cuba for its collaboration to develop the sport in his country, which managed to become a power in boxing thanks to Cuban coaches and also highlighted the support in the fight against colonialism in Africa.
"In our country we try to include children and young people in physical and sports activities as a means to raise their quality of life, create jobs and prevent crime, just like in Cuba," he said.
The Ghanaian minister is in Havana with the aim of attending the 7 th International Convention of Physical Activity and Sports (AFIDE 2017), which was inaugurated last night in the National Theater.
During its stay in Cuba, the African delegation intends to visit the Anti-Doping Laboratory, the Information Resource Center for Cuban Sports and the Cuban Sports Research Center.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3957
- today: 1346
- online: 113
- total: 5235880