Havana, November 28 (RHC-ACN)-- Cuban gymnasts Manrique Larduet and Yesenia Ferra won five medals, including three titles, at the 2017 Mexico Open, reported Granma newspaper.
Larduet had a tremendous performance when winning the scepters in horizontal bar and rings events in the men´s contest, and was silver medalist in parallel bars and the all-around event.
According to the official website of the competition, Larduet totaled 58,467 units in the all-around event and was surpassed by Russian Nikita Nagorny (59,190), while Turkish Ahmet Onder (55,794) ranked third.
Meanwhile, in the women´s event, the also Cuban Yesenia Ferrera won the all-around event with 40,400 points surpassing the multi-world and Olympic medalists Romanian Catalina Ponor (40,300) and Russian Angelina Melnikova (40,050), in that order.
Ferrera thus proved when she is focused, she can face and even beat high-level rivals, especially in the events of uneven bars, floor and vault.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3149
- online: 88
- total: 4381135