Havana, November 28 (RHC-ACN)-- Cuban gymnasts Manrique Larduet and Yesenia Ferra won five medals, including three titles, at the 2017 Mexico Open, reported Granma newspaper.
Larduet had a tremendous performance when winning the scepters in horizontal bar and rings events in the men´s contest, and was silver medalist in parallel bars and the all-around event.
According to the official website of the competition, Larduet totaled 58,467 units in the all-around event and was surpassed by Russian Nikita Nagorny (59,190), while Turkish Ahmet Onder (55,794) ranked third.
Meanwhile, in the women´s event, the also Cuban Yesenia Ferrera won the all-around event with 40,400 points surpassing the multi-world and Olympic medalists Romanian Catalina Ponor (40,300) and Russian Angelina Melnikova (40,050), in that order.
Ferrera thus proved when she is focused, she can face and even beat high-level rivals, especially in the events of uneven bars, floor and vault.
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 2640
- online: 108
- total: 5430059