Oct 9, -- Cuban GM Lazaro Bruzon suffered on Tuesday another defeat at the “Entre Faros” Chess Tournament, which is played in Galicia, Spain, after losing to his Hungarian counterpart Richard Rapport.
The Caribbean, with 2785 ELO points, used white pieces against a young player who is just 17 years old and with a rating of 2676 units.
This defeat puts Bruzón with only 1 point, due to 2 draws and 2 defeats in the last place of the event, leading by the GMs Julio Granda, of Peru and Ivan Cheparinov of Bulgaria with 2 points, escorted by the Spanish Ivan Salgado and Hungarian Rapport with 1.5 units.
For his part, the Cuban GM Lázaro Bruzón, located at 57th world ranking place, will take a recess to face off the 2nd round of the tournament starting on Thursday.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1050
- online: 122
- total: 5648130