Oct 9, -- Cuban GM Lazaro Bruzon suffered on Tuesday another defeat at the “Entre Faros” Chess Tournament, which is played in Galicia, Spain, after losing to his Hungarian counterpart Richard Rapport.
The Caribbean, with 2785 ELO points, used white pieces against a young player who is just 17 years old and with a rating of 2676 units.
This defeat puts Bruzón with only 1 point, due to 2 draws and 2 defeats in the last place of the event, leading by the GMs Julio Granda, of Peru and Ivan Cheparinov of Bulgaria with 2 points, escorted by the Spanish Ivan Salgado and Hungarian Rapport with 1.5 units.
For his part, the Cuban GM Lázaro Bruzón, located at 57th world ranking place, will take a recess to face off the 2nd round of the tournament starting on Thursday.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 1114
- online: 96
- total: 4610040