Oct 9, -- Cuban GM Lazaro Bruzon suffered on Tuesday another defeat at the “Entre Faros” Chess Tournament, which is played in Galicia, Spain, after losing to his Hungarian counterpart Richard Rapport.
The Caribbean, with 2785 ELO points, used white pieces against a young player who is just 17 years old and with a rating of 2676 units.
This defeat puts Bruzón with only 1 point, due to 2 draws and 2 defeats in the last place of the event, leading by the GMs Julio Granda, of Peru and Ivan Cheparinov of Bulgaria with 2 points, escorted by the Spanish Ivan Salgado and Hungarian Rapport with 1.5 units.
For his part, the Cuban GM Lázaro Bruzón, located at 57th world ranking place, will take a recess to face off the 2nd round of the tournament starting on Thursday.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2803
- online: 128
- total: 5255353