Oct 9, -- Cuban GM Lazaro Bruzon suffered on Tuesday another defeat at the “Entre Faros” Chess Tournament, which is played in Galicia, Spain, after losing to his Hungarian counterpart Richard Rapport.
The Caribbean, with 2785 ELO points, used white pieces against a young player who is just 17 years old and with a rating of 2676 units.
This defeat puts Bruzón with only 1 point, due to 2 draws and 2 defeats in the last place of the event, leading by the GMs Julio Granda, of Peru and Ivan Cheparinov of Bulgaria with 2 points, escorted by the Spanish Ivan Salgado and Hungarian Rapport with 1.5 units.
For his part, the Cuban GM Lázaro Bruzón, located at 57th world ranking place, will take a recess to face off the 2nd round of the tournament starting on Thursday.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3180
- today: 3128
- online: 119
- total: 5433727