Mexico City, December 6 (RHC-ACN)— Cuba won one gold and one silver medal in the World Para Swimming and Powerlifting Championships, taking place December 2-8 in the Mexican capital.
With a time of 1:08:11 minutes, Río de Janeiro 2016 champion and winner of the 2011 and 2015 Pan American Games, Lorenzo Pérez secured the only remaining gold medal of his career in the men’s S6 100 meters freestyle (lower-extremity impariment).
Meanwhile, in the weightlifting event, Leidy Rodríguez won silver in the 41kg division, after lifting 85kg on the bench press, an improvement on her 80kg lift in the 2016 Río de Janeiro Games which saw her place seventh.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 2924
- online: 184
- total: 4103120