Havana, December 5 (RHC-ACN)-- With its powerful offensive as main weapon, the leader Las Tunas will visit today Industriales, third in the standings, in the beginning of the eleventh subseries of the second phase of the 57 th Cuban National Baseball Series.
The statistics say that Las Tunas is the best team of this second phase as they rank first in batting with average of .325, defense (.979) and appear third in pitching (4.09).
They have balance of 18 wins and 10 losses, so they appear as favorites to beat Industriales, who are the worst team in this stage (9 – 20), mainly due to the performance of their pitching staff, the most ineffective of the tournament (5.88).
Meanwhile, in the other matches, the current runner-up, Matanzas, will receive the visit of the defending champion, Granma, while Artemisa and Pinar del Río will try not to further fall in the standings when facing each other at 26 de Julio stadium.
With 15 games left, Las Tunas appear as leader, one game ahead of Matanzas, which are followed by Industriales (5.5), Granma (6.0), Pinar del Río (10.5) and Artemisa (11.0).
Industriales´ 2B Juan Carlos Torriente is the leader in batting average (.411), with 81 hits in 197 at-bats, while Matanzas´ Roy Hernandez appears as ERA leader with average of 1.94.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 1904
- online: 135
- total: 5261432