Oct 9, -- With a double bell ringing, as it was heard 145 years ago to start the Cuban independence movement, the startup of the massive Race for the October 10th will get underway tomorrow, Thursday.
As is tradition for half a century, thousands of runners will gather on Santa Catalina Avenue, located in the Havana municipality of Diez de Octubre, to participate in the popular event that will start at 10 am.
Mario Rodriguez Caride, Municipal Director of Sports, said to AIN news agency that this edition is intended to exceed the 18 600 registered participants last year, covering all sectors of the population, especially young people.
After the race, several parts of the municipality will be scenarios of martial arts exhibitions and aerobic fitness, recreational options, sports, cultural and gastronomic offers.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 2497
- online: 196
- total: 3836467