Oct 9, -- Cuba women's team faces today Germany in the closing day of the preliminary stage of the I World U23 Volleyball Championship, which takes place in two cities in Mexico.
Headquartered in Mexicali, home of Group B, the Cubans had 3 defeats and 1 victory, achieved on Tuesday against Kenya, with partial slate of 3-0 and 25-19, 25-23, 25-21.
The Cuban Rossana Giel was again the top scorer of the match with 13 points, 7 in the attack, 4 in blocking and 2 in service, supported by Alena Rojas (10-8-2-0), while for the losers stood out Violet Maputo (12-10-1-1), Eglay Kulova (12-9-1-2) and Gaudencia Makokha (10-6-3-1), in that order.
If they win, the Caribbeans could finish in 4th or 5th place in Group B, where Chinese and Americans are favorite, compared to the Japanese and Dominicans, for Group A.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 1480
- online: 111
- total: 4947777