Oct 9, -- Cuba women's team faces today Germany in the closing day of the preliminary stage of the I World U23 Volleyball Championship, which takes place in two cities in Mexico.
Headquartered in Mexicali, home of Group B, the Cubans had 3 defeats and 1 victory, achieved on Tuesday against Kenya, with partial slate of 3-0 and 25-19, 25-23, 25-21.
The Cuban Rossana Giel was again the top scorer of the match with 13 points, 7 in the attack, 4 in blocking and 2 in service, supported by Alena Rojas (10-8-2-0), while for the losers stood out Violet Maputo (12-10-1-1), Eglay Kulova (12-9-1-2) and Gaudencia Makokha (10-6-3-1), in that order.
If they win, the Caribbeans could finish in 4th or 5th place in Group B, where Chinese and Americans are favorite, compared to the Japanese and Dominicans, for Group A.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4903
- today: 1283
- online: 156
- total: 3863047