Oct 9, -- Cuba women's team faces today Germany in the closing day of the preliminary stage of the I World U23 Volleyball Championship, which takes place in two cities in Mexico.
Headquartered in Mexicali, home of Group B, the Cubans had 3 defeats and 1 victory, achieved on Tuesday against Kenya, with partial slate of 3-0 and 25-19, 25-23, 25-21.
The Cuban Rossana Giel was again the top scorer of the match with 13 points, 7 in the attack, 4 in blocking and 2 in service, supported by Alena Rojas (10-8-2-0), while for the losers stood out Violet Maputo (12-10-1-1), Eglay Kulova (12-9-1-2) and Gaudencia Makokha (10-6-3-1), in that order.
If they win, the Caribbeans could finish in 4th or 5th place in Group B, where Chinese and Americans are favorite, compared to the Japanese and Dominicans, for Group A.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2831
- online: 117
- total: 5255381