Oct 9, -- Cuba women's team faces today Germany in the closing day of the preliminary stage of the I World U23 Volleyball Championship, which takes place in two cities in Mexico.
Headquartered in Mexicali, home of Group B, the Cubans had 3 defeats and 1 victory, achieved on Tuesday against Kenya, with partial slate of 3-0 and 25-19, 25-23, 25-21.
The Cuban Rossana Giel was again the top scorer of the match with 13 points, 7 in the attack, 4 in blocking and 2 in service, supported by Alena Rojas (10-8-2-0), while for the losers stood out Violet Maputo (12-10-1-1), Eglay Kulova (12-9-1-2) and Gaudencia Makokha (10-6-3-1), in that order.
If they win, the Caribbeans could finish in 4th or 5th place in Group B, where Chinese and Americans are favorite, compared to the Japanese and Dominicans, for Group A.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3536
- today: 890
- online: 103
- total: 6072890