Center Fielder Roel Santos next to catcher Frank Camilo Morejon. Photo: Granma
Guadalajara, Feb 9 (RHC) – Center fielder Roel Santos, of the Alazanes de Granma team, is the only Cuban who was included in the All-Star Team of the 2018 Caribbean Series held in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Santos had an average of 440 in the series, with 11 hits in 25 times at bat. His performance as outfielder was immaculate.
A native of Niquero, in Granma province, Santos played last year with the Chiba Lotte Marines, of Japan's professional league.
Roel Santos is known for his cheerful and aggressive style when running the bases. During the Series qualifying stage, he ranked fourth at bat with a 438 average.
Other Cuban hopefuls to the All-Star were Raul Gonzalez and Frederich Cepeda. The two exhibited an outstanding performance in the just ended Caribbean Series, but fell short of the number of votes from the press needed to make it.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 2624
- online: 115
- total: 5262152