Center Fielder Roel Santos next to catcher Frank Camilo Morejon. Photo: Granma
Guadalajara, Feb 9 (RHC) – Center fielder Roel Santos, of the Alazanes de Granma team, is the only Cuban who was included in the All-Star Team of the 2018 Caribbean Series held in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Santos had an average of 440 in the series, with 11 hits in 25 times at bat. His performance as outfielder was immaculate.
A native of Niquero, in Granma province, Santos played last year with the Chiba Lotte Marines, of Japan's professional league.
Roel Santos is known for his cheerful and aggressive style when running the bases. During the Series qualifying stage, he ranked fourth at bat with a 438 average.
Other Cuban hopefuls to the All-Star were Raul Gonzalez and Frederich Cepeda. The two exhibited an outstanding performance in the just ended Caribbean Series, but fell short of the number of votes from the press needed to make it.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 3249
- online: 99
- total: 5547673