Pope Salutes High Jump World Record-Holder Javier Sotomayor Photo: @Notimex Twitter
Vatican City, May 3 (RHC)-- Pope Francis Wednesday saluted the Cuban former high jumper and world record-holder of that specialty, Javier Sotomayor, in St. Peter's Square.
Sotomayor was also accompanied by Cuban Luis Enrique Zayas, high jump world under-20 champion, coach Barbaro Diaz Castro and Fabrizio Donato, former Italian long jumper and triple jumper, who currently acts as captain of the national team of light athletics.
After greeting the Supreme Pontiff, the group was received at the headquarters of the Pontifical Council for Culture by executives of the Vatican Athletics, the sporting body of the Holy See.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 3254
- online: 116
- total: 5262782