Havana, May 17 (RHC)-- The Cuban Domadores will face th the French Fighting Roosters in the semifinals of the 8th World Series of Boxing (WSB) on May 18.
The quintet summoned to fight Friday as visitors in the C-2 format will have as pillars three universal monarchs: Julio Cesar La Cruz (81 kg), Roniel Iglesias (69) and Lazaro Alvarez (60). The two others called up by Coach Rolando Acebal are Jose Angel Larduet (+91), 2009 world bronze medalist, and Jorge Griñan (52), 2016 world junior runner-up.
The French squad won 20 out of 30 individual bouts this season and ranked second in Group B with balance of 5 wins and only one loss in team matches. The Cubans achieved one more individual win and had the same team balance, but they topped Pool A.
The home semifinal match (C-1) for the Caribbean side will be on May 25 at Havana's Sports City Coliseum. The other semi-final will take place on those same weekends between the Kazakhstan Astana Arlans and the British Lionhearts and will start in Sheffield, UK.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 2428
- online: 129
- total: 5043592