Barranquilla, August 1 (RHC)-- Cuba has climbed up to number 2 in the medal table of the Central American and Caribbean Games, displacing Colombia from the position. The island is only surpassed now by Mexico, a country that appears to stand firm at number one.
The advantage for Cuba over Colombia came with three gold medals won Tuesday morning by Fernando Jorge and Fidel Vargas in canoeing.
Late Tuesday night Cuba defeated Mexico in men's basketball 78 to 67, in what has been the Cubans’ best game in recent times, against a Mexican squad that was regarded as the games’ favorite, with the strongest roster of all seven participating teams.
Cuba is now scheduled to go against Colombia as it aims to reach the basketball final of the Central American and Caribbean Games.
The Central American and Caribbean Games have throughout history been dominated by Mexico and Cuba in the first two places.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 641
- online: 104
- total: 5047940