Roberto León Richards. Photo: Roberto Morejón
Havana, October 2 (RHC)-- Former gymnast, Roberto León Richards, has been elected President of Cuba's Olympic Committee, during a regular meeting of the organization.
Richards, also president of the Cuban Gymnastics Federation, was elected by direct and secret vote, taking over from José Ramón Fernández, who had held the position since 1997.
Alberto Juantorena and José Manuel Pelaes were appointed Vice Presidents of the Committee, while Ruperto Herrera and Rafael Guerra, were reelected as Secretary General and Records Secretary, respectively.
The 13-member executive also received new members including retired and active athletes such as, Mijaín López, Leuris Pupo, Yipsy Moreno and María Caridad Colón.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1519
- online: 101
- total: 5863292