Roberto León Richards. Photo: Roberto Morejón
Havana, October 2 (RHC)-- Former gymnast, Roberto León Richards, has been elected President of Cuba's Olympic Committee, during a regular meeting of the organization.
Richards, also president of the Cuban Gymnastics Federation, was elected by direct and secret vote, taking over from José Ramón Fernández, who had held the position since 1997.
Alberto Juantorena and José Manuel Pelaes were appointed Vice Presidents of the Committee, while Ruperto Herrera and Rafael Guerra, were reelected as Secretary General and Records Secretary, respectively.
The 13-member executive also received new members including retired and active athletes such as, Mijaín López, Leuris Pupo, Yipsy Moreno and María Caridad Colón.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 774
- online: 109
- total: 5437496