Roberto León Richards. Photo: Roberto Morejón
Havana, October 2 (RHC)-- Former gymnast, Roberto León Richards, has been elected President of Cuba's Olympic Committee, during a regular meeting of the organization.
Richards, also president of the Cuban Gymnastics Federation, was elected by direct and secret vote, taking over from José Ramón Fernández, who had held the position since 1997.
Alberto Juantorena and José Manuel Pelaes were appointed Vice Presidents of the Committee, while Ruperto Herrera and Rafael Guerra, were reelected as Secretary General and Records Secretary, respectively.
The 13-member executive also received new members including retired and active athletes such as, Mijaín López, Leuris Pupo, Yipsy Moreno and María Caridad Colón.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2785
- online: 147
- total: 5241217