Havana hosts Fencing World Cup
Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- Over 150 fencers from 30 countries will descend on Havana through Sunday, to take part in the Fencing World Cup, reported National Fencing Commission rep, Zuleidis Ortiz.
Ortiz said that 14 of the 16 top ranked fencers in the world are set to participate in the event at Havana’s Ciudad Deportivo, including world number one, Mara Navarria, of Italy.
The Cuban team, which led in the 2018 Barranquilla Central American and Caribbean Games, will be looking to score points for its world ranking.
Qualifying rounds will be held on Friday, with individual quarter and final events scheduled for Saturday, before rounding off with the team competition on Sunday.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2756
- today: 871
- online: 124
- total: 5960243