Havana hosts Fencing World Cup
Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- Over 150 fencers from 30 countries will descend on Havana through Sunday, to take part in the Fencing World Cup, reported National Fencing Commission rep, Zuleidis Ortiz.
Ortiz said that 14 of the 16 top ranked fencers in the world are set to participate in the event at Havana’s Ciudad Deportivo, including world number one, Mara Navarria, of Italy.
The Cuban team, which led in the 2018 Barranquilla Central American and Caribbean Games, will be looking to score points for its world ranking.
Qualifying rounds will be held on Friday, with individual quarter and final events scheduled for Saturday, before rounding off with the team competition on Sunday.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3450
- today: 219
- online: 138
- total: 5756043