Havana hosts Fencing World Cup
Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- Over 150 fencers from 30 countries will descend on Havana through Sunday, to take part in the Fencing World Cup, reported National Fencing Commission rep, Zuleidis Ortiz.
Ortiz said that 14 of the 16 top ranked fencers in the world are set to participate in the event at Havana’s Ciudad Deportivo, including world number one, Mara Navarria, of Italy.
The Cuban team, which led in the 2018 Barranquilla Central American and Caribbean Games, will be looking to score points for its world ranking.
Qualifying rounds will be held on Friday, with individual quarter and final events scheduled for Saturday, before rounding off with the team competition on Sunday.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 1084
- online: 146
- total: 6771640