Players of Los Leñadores de las Tunas celebrate after defeating Venezuela's Cardenales de Lara, February , 2019. AP Photo
Panama City, February 10 (RHC)— Las Tunas Leñadores made it to the finals pf the Caribbean Series, after defeating Venezuela´s Cardenales de Lara 3-0, at the Rod Carew stadium in the Panamanian capital.
They are the second team to reach the finals since the Island’s clubs returned to the tournament in 2014, when Pinar del Rio´s Vegueros won the title under the leadership of Alfonso Urquiola
Lazaro Blanco was the winning pitcher, scoring his second victory in the series.
Former big leaguer Manny Corpas closed out Panama's Los Toros 1-0 victory over Puerto Rico on Saturday night, setting up a championship game against Cuba in the Caribbean Series.
The Panamanians are playing in their first final since 1960, when they lost to Cuba. Panama has one Caribbean Series title, won in 1950.
The game will take place at 4:00 pm. this Sunday, February 10th.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3522
- today: 1669
- online: 141
- total: 5658682