Havana, July 11 (RHC) – 29-year old Cuban Judo Olympic Champion in London England in 2012, Idalys Ortiz, claims today she has set her mind on winning a gold medal in the upcoming Pan-Am games in Lima, Peru.
Ortiz says Continental Judo competitions are now more demanding than they were in the recent past, due to the increasing number of world-class young athletes that are stepping onto the international circuit, and she states that a clear example of said improvement can be found in the results of last Pan-Am games edition in Toronto in 2015.
The silver medalist in the Summer Olympics in Rio 2016, has been having a terrific year, winning 4 international titles so far, which boosts her confidence in the results of the regional event.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 3442
- online: 119
- total: 6669438