Havana, July 11 (RHC) – 29-year old Cuban Judo Olympic Champion in London England in 2012, Idalys Ortiz, claims today she has set her mind on winning a gold medal in the upcoming Pan-Am games in Lima, Peru.
Ortiz says Continental Judo competitions are now more demanding than they were in the recent past, due to the increasing number of world-class young athletes that are stepping onto the international circuit, and she states that a clear example of said improvement can be found in the results of last Pan-Am games edition in Toronto in 2015.
The silver medalist in the Summer Olympics in Rio 2016, has been having a terrific year, winning 4 international titles so far, which boosts her confidence in the results of the regional event.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 1722
- online: 177
- total: 6142873