Havana, July 11 (RHC) – 29-year old Cuban Judo Olympic Champion in London England in 2012, Idalys Ortiz, claims today she has set her mind on winning a gold medal in the upcoming Pan-Am games in Lima, Peru.
Ortiz says Continental Judo competitions are now more demanding than they were in the recent past, due to the increasing number of world-class young athletes that are stepping onto the international circuit, and she states that a clear example of said improvement can be found in the results of last Pan-Am games edition in Toronto in 2015.
The silver medalist in the Summer Olympics in Rio 2016, has been having a terrific year, winning 4 international titles so far, which boosts her confidence in the results of the regional event.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 4069
- online: 166
- total: 8274900