Havana, July 11 (RHC) – Las Tunas Lumberjacks, current champions of the Cuban National Baseball Series have revealed their roster for next season.
Manager Pablo Civil will be directing the team for third consecutive year after winning the first championship for Las Tunas in over 40 years since their foundation. Civil has presented almost the same players as last year, with a few exceptions of course.
The Lumberjacks will be led once again by starting pitcher Yoelkis Cruz, 43-year old infielder Danel Castro, and catcher Yosvani Alarcon, who might miss part of the season, since he could be signed by the Québec Capitales to play in the Can-Am league.
17-year old rookie pitcher Annier Perez will definitely be in the spotlight from the mound, for he could become the youngest pitcher to make a debut for Las Tunas Lumberjacks.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 3295
- online: 145
- total: 6669291