Havana, July 13 (RHC) – A total of 13 Cuban Volleyball players will be signing contracts with professional teams of Latin America and Europe in the next few days, a record for the country since the new contract policy was approved in 2013.
According to Ariel Sainz, president of the Cuban Volleyball Federation, the greatest pieces of news are the acquisition of 18-year old Marlon Yant by French team Chaumont 52 , and the signings of several players from the Under-23 Cuban team.
20-year old Jose Carlos Romero and Roamy Santos (22 years old) will sign for Argentinian team Obras de San Juan, while Osniel Melgarejo, Jesús Herrera and Yohan León will be playing for Bolivar, Miguel Angel Lopez for UPCN and Livan Osoria for Ciudad Volley, all teams from the Argentinian League.
On the women’s side, Ailama Cesé and Yamisleidis Viltres will sign for Russia’s Uralochka, and Diaris Perez and Regla Garcia will do it for Deportivo Jamsa in Peru.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 2066
- online: 166
- total: 6736299