The Cuban delegation of athletes for the XVIII Pan-Am Games is in great health, Pablo Castillo, principal of the Institute of Sports Medicine told the press.
Minutes before the Cuban flag was hoisted in Lima, Castillo said: ‘No athlete has been reported injured, and they all are in optimal health condition’.
‘We will be facing temperatures of 15 and 16 degrees Celsius, and we alerted our athletes to keep themselves warm in order to avoid temperature-related problems’, Castillo seized the opportunity to say that the Cuban delegation has medical staff in the three main housing places: the Villa Panamericana, Huacho and El Callao.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1512
- online: 158
- total: 6779153