Havana, August 10 (RHC) – The Cuban National Baseball Series begins this Saturday with games in 8 different ball parks in the country. The official Opening Day ceremony will be held at the Julio Antonio Mella Stadium, home of the current champions, Las Tunas Lumberjacks who will face Villa Clara, last season´s runners-up.
This edition of the Cuban National Baseball Series is dedicated to Celia Sanchez Manduley, heroine of the Cuban Revolution, and to the 500 Anniversary of Havana.
The Industriales Lions, Havana´s team, will host the Ciego de Avila Tigers at Latinoamericano Stadium, know as El Cerro´s Colossus. Another interesting Opening Day series will be played at Capitan San Luis Stadium, where two-time champions Granma Sorrels will be visiting the perennial playoff candidates Pinar del Rio Vegueros.
The rest of the Opening Day matches will be Isla de la Juventud Pirates vs Matanzas Crocodiles, Mayabeque Tornados vs Camaguey Farmers, Cienfuegos Elephants vs Artemisa Hunters, Holguin Cubs vs Sancti Spiritus Roosters and Santiago de Cuba Wasps vs Guantanamo Indians.
Players who participated in the Lima 2019 Pan-Am Games will be included in their team´s rosters after the third series of the season.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 2859
- online: 158
- total: 6773415