Havana, August 28 (RHC) – Pan-Am champion, Cuban Maylin del Toro, may win this Wednesday the first medal for Cuba in the Judo World Championship that takes place in Tokyo, Japan, until next August 31.
Winner in the Judo Grand Prix in Antalya, and Bronze medalist in the same competition in Tbilisi and Budapest, 63kg athlete del Toro will try to improve her 5th place from last World Championship and to win her first medal in this type of competitions since 2013.
10th place in the World’s Power Ranking, the 24-year old Cuban will step to the canvas to face the winner of the bout between Israeli Gili Sharir and Mongolian Mungunchimeg Baldorj.
Maylin del Toro is in pool A of the competition and if she advances to the Quarter-Finals, she may face the reigning champion and number 1 ranked Judo artist, the French Clarisse Agbegnenou.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 6, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6554
- today: 77
- online: 77
- total: 8098525