Oct 14, -- The 5 Cuban judokas who are preparing for the World Youth Championship in Ljubljana, Slovenia, from 23rd to 27th to come, took 1st place in the Black Belt Tournament, Chateau Gontie, France, where they meet a training base.
Ronaldo Veitía, head coach of the national pre-set (f) told AIN news agency that his disciples won the contest with 3 gold and 2 silver medals, against teams from 16 French clubs.
The champions of Cuba were Yarisleidy Hernandez, at 52 kilos, Maylin del Toro (63) and Nairelis Fuentes (70), while Yaiselis Manzano (57) and Yasmary García (+78) finished in 2nd place.
Now the Cubans will be presented at the International Tournament in the city of Metz, scheduled for the coming day 20th, and then the world top.
In total, the Caribbeans made 16 bouts, with 14 wins --10 by Ippon-- and lost 2 --1 of these in the final between Cubans--, reiterated Veitía.
The prominent Cuban coach, 8th Dan black belt, has the support of Yurisleidis Lupetey, World and Olympic medalist, who is currently a member of the team female technician, and Dr. Uvelino Moreno, 1st degree specialist in sports medicine.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 2887
- online: 160
- total: 4476567