The Cuban female basketball team will face China in three friendly matches, manager Alberto Zabala said.
The Cuban team, winner of the pre-Tournament of the Americas in 2013, will travel on Sunday to China to compete against the host team on April 25th, 27th and 29th.
The team is training for the world tournament to take place next September 27th to October 5th in Turkey.
The lineup is led by Yamara Amargo, the most valuable player in the Mexico's pre-tournament, and also includes Oyanaisis Gelis, Isneidis Casanova, Arlenis Romero, Leidis Oquendo, Taimí Fernández, y Marlene Cepeda, y las jóvenes Arletis Povea, Arlenys González, Anay García, Anisleidis Galindo, Edith Thompson and Lisdeivis Martínez, Zabala told the weekly sports magazine Jit.
”Our objective is to play as many matches as possible before the world championship. I believe that after 15 preparatory matches we could move on to the next stage, since the girls will have greater confidence and effectiveness,” the manager added.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1669
- online: 229
- total: 4097624