The Cuban female basketball team will face China in three friendly matches, manager Alberto Zabala said.
The Cuban team, winner of the pre-Tournament of the Americas in 2013, will travel on Sunday to China to compete against the host team on April 25th, 27th and 29th.
The team is training for the world tournament to take place next September 27th to October 5th in Turkey.
The lineup is led by Yamara Amargo, the most valuable player in the Mexico's pre-tournament, and also includes Oyanaisis Gelis, Isneidis Casanova, Arlenis Romero, Leidis Oquendo, Taimí Fernández, y Marlene Cepeda, y las jóvenes Arletis Povea, Arlenys González, Anay García, Anisleidis Galindo, Edith Thompson and Lisdeivis Martínez, Zabala told the weekly sports magazine Jit.
”Our objective is to play as many matches as possible before the world championship. I believe that after 15 preparatory matches we could move on to the next stage, since the girls will have greater confidence and effectiveness,” the manager added.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1979
- online: 118
- total: 4475659