Havana, (RHC) - A collaboration agreement was signed on Tuesday by the heads of the Olympic committees of Belize and Cuba Hilberto Martínez and Roberto León Richards, respectively.
"Belizean sports advance with the support of the Cuban technicians," the visitor at the headquarters of the Cuban Olympic Committee (COC) told JIT.
"We will have around 40 Cuban specialists, with the eight that I am requesting, in athletics, cycling, volleyball and table tennis, fundamentally," the executive said.
Martínez thanked Cuba for the technical sports assistance provided to his country since 2004, while pondering the work of José Peláez and Alberto Juantorena, heads of the Cuban Cycling and Athletics federations, in that order, present at the signing.
"Since Cuban coaches work with us, we have won medals in Central American Games in athletics and women's volleyball," Martínez said.
"It is the first Olympic Committee with which we renew contract in this 2019 and we plan to extend it to others in the area," said Leon Richards.
"We aim at strengthening the bonds of friendship with the countries of the region," said the head of the COC.
Both executives held conventions at the headquarters of the COC shortly before initiating the agreement in the lobby of Havana´s Ciudad Deportiva with the presence of the first vice president of the Inder Raúl Fornés Valenciano.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8111
- today: 1050
- online: 149
- total: 7390604