Oct 15, -- The Cuban GM Isam Ortiz won the Open Chess Tournament of the Central University of Bogotá, Colombia, where Cubans took the first 6 places.
Ortiz, current national champion, closed with victory over host Beatriz Franco and with 7.5 points of 9 to confirm the forecasts that predicted his supremacy, but needed to appeal to the tiebreaker.
The Cuban closed with 6 wins and 3 tables in a lid that included 175 contestants from 5 countries.
At the same time, the Cuban GMs Omar Almeida and Diasmany Otero, also said bye-bye to take over the 2nd and 3rd positions, in that order, with identical accumulated 7.5 units, followed by IM Yuri Gonzalez with 7 points, reflecting the www.chess-results.com specialized site.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1059
- online: 136
- total: 5648139