Oct 15, -- The Cuban GM Isam Ortiz won the Open Chess Tournament of the Central University of Bogotá, Colombia, where Cubans took the first 6 places.
Ortiz, current national champion, closed with victory over host Beatriz Franco and with 7.5 points of 9 to confirm the forecasts that predicted his supremacy, but needed to appeal to the tiebreaker.
The Cuban closed with 6 wins and 3 tables in a lid that included 175 contestants from 5 countries.
At the same time, the Cuban GMs Omar Almeida and Diasmany Otero, also said bye-bye to take over the 2nd and 3rd positions, in that order, with identical accumulated 7.5 units, followed by IM Yuri Gonzalez with 7 points, reflecting the www.chess-results.com specialized site.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 2756
- online: 152
- total: 4488608