Oct 15, -- The Cuban GM Isam Ortiz won the Open Chess Tournament of the Central University of Bogotá, Colombia, where Cubans took the first 6 places.
Ortiz, current national champion, closed with victory over host Beatriz Franco and with 7.5 points of 9 to confirm the forecasts that predicted his supremacy, but needed to appeal to the tiebreaker.
The Cuban closed with 6 wins and 3 tables in a lid that included 175 contestants from 5 countries.
At the same time, the Cuban GMs Omar Almeida and Diasmany Otero, also said bye-bye to take over the 2nd and 3rd positions, in that order, with identical accumulated 7.5 units, followed by IM Yuri Gonzalez with 7 points, reflecting the www.chess-results.com specialized site.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 3333
- online: 107
- total: 4946177