Oct 15, -- The Cuban GM Isam Ortiz won the Open Chess Tournament of the Central University of Bogotá, Colombia, where Cubans took the first 6 places.
Ortiz, current national champion, closed with victory over host Beatriz Franco and with 7.5 points of 9 to confirm the forecasts that predicted his supremacy, but needed to appeal to the tiebreaker.
The Cuban closed with 6 wins and 3 tables in a lid that included 175 contestants from 5 countries.
At the same time, the Cuban GMs Omar Almeida and Diasmany Otero, also said bye-bye to take over the 2nd and 3rd positions, in that order, with identical accumulated 7.5 units, followed by IM Yuri Gonzalez with 7 points, reflecting the www.chess-results.com specialized site.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3180
- today: 3137
- online: 111
- total: 5433736