Oct 15, -- The Cuban GM Isam Ortiz won the Open Chess Tournament of the Central University of Bogotá, Colombia, where Cubans took the first 6 places.
Ortiz, current national champion, closed with victory over host Beatriz Franco and with 7.5 points of 9 to confirm the forecasts that predicted his supremacy, but needed to appeal to the tiebreaker.
The Cuban closed with 6 wins and 3 tables in a lid that included 175 contestants from 5 countries.
At the same time, the Cuban GMs Omar Almeida and Diasmany Otero, also said bye-bye to take over the 2nd and 3rd positions, in that order, with identical accumulated 7.5 units, followed by IM Yuri Gonzalez with 7 points, reflecting the www.chess-results.com specialized site.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2877
- today: 2989
- online: 130
- total: 5853283