In the U.S. state of Alabama, NASCAR has released a photo of the noose found in the garage of Bubba Wallace at Talladega Superspeedway. Wallace is the only Black elite NASCAR driver in the United States.
Earlier, the FBI said the noose was a garage pulldown rope, in place since at least October, long before the garage was assigned to Wallace.
NASCAR revealed it had examined nearly 1,700 garage stalls at 29 tracks across the country. Steve Phelps, the president of NASCAR, said: “They found only 11 total ropes that had a pulldown rope tied in a knot and just one noose: The one in Bubba Wallace’s garage.”
NASCAR has now banned the display of the Confederate flag at races after Bubba Wallace called for them to be removed.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5273
- today: 299
- online: 192
- total: 8265956