Oct 17, -- The Cuban boxer Arisnoidys Despaigne successfully debuted, defeating Uzbek Hurshidbek Normatov in the 3rd day of the 17th AIBA World Boxing Championship, based in the Kazakh city of Almaty.
Last night, Despaigne, 69kg, managed to prevail 2-1 (28-29, 29-28 and 29-28) against Normatov, to ensure his place in the next round.
The Cuban, who recently had a good performance in the Pan-American tournament, held in Chile last August, will face on Sunday the Algerian Ilyas Abbadiq, who also participated in London 2012 Olympics and beat Chilean Daniel Muñoz with 3-0 (30-27, 30-27 and 30-27).
Despaigne, debutant in World Championships, was the only Latin American who managed to prevail, as one of the favorites, while the Nicaraguan Osmar Bravo, fell by technical KO before the Syrian Ali Ghoussoun.
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 3018
- online: 96
- total: 4604138