Oct 17, -- Six ships from the Americas and Europe participate in the IV "Big Game Trolling" Jardines del Rey International Fishing Tournament, on Cayo Guillermo, to the north of the central province of Ciego de Avila.
Canada, Spain, the UK, Russia and Cuba are the countries represented in this edition, which runs until February 19th and is governed by the rules of the International Game Fish Association of Catch and Release system.
The competition area covers up to 3 miles north-northeast between Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo, in the Old Bahamas Channel.
The organizers of the contest will award the highest score, the first catch and the largest gold award of the tournament.
With an area of 3 square kilometers, Cayo Guillermo is one of the major islets that make up the Cuban tourist destination Jardines del Rey, which is surrounded by a green-blue sea and with a well-preserved natural environment, well-known for its water sports and fishing potential.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2793
- online: 127
- total: 4841237