Oct 18, -- Runners from eight Cuban provinces and guests of Venezuela, Bolivia, Ghana, Italy, Nicaragua and Jamaica, will take part in the I Running Backwards National Championship to be held in Havana on October 26th.
"It is an event long dreamed of by many and has the consent and support of the Department of Recreation Sports Institute (INDER)," told to Radio Habana Cuba the project manager of the event, and a local pioneer in the running backwards mode, Wilfredo Diaz.
The former athlete said the event will be held at Victoria de Giron Faculty of Medical Sciences and covers 17 competitive forms ranging from the 100 meters to the half marathon, the latter only in the male category.
The running backwards mode, practiced in China for over a thousand years to stay mentally and physically fit, has gained popularity in recent years and now has a federation itself as it prepares for its V World Championship scheduled for next August in Italy.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3408
- online: 122
- total: 4935181