Oct 23, -- The Cuban Lazaro Alvarez and Julio Cesar La Cruz, current world champions in their respective divisions, showed themselves to be the favorites, with wins tyesterday at the quarter-finals of the World Boxing Championships, based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Alvarez, also bronze medalist at the London-2012 Olympic Games in the 60 kg category, defeated 3-0 the Uzbek Fazliddin Gaibnazarov.
La Cruz (81 kg), did the same against the Ukrainian Oleksandr Ganzulia.
However, Cuba's boxer in the over 91 kg, Yoandi Toirac, fell 0-3 against the Russian Magomed Omarov.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 243
- online: 153
- total: 6618340