Oct 23, -- The Cuban Lazaro Alvarez and Julio Cesar La Cruz, current world champions in their respective divisions, showed themselves to be the favorites, with wins tyesterday at the quarter-finals of the World Boxing Championships, based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Alvarez, also bronze medalist at the London-2012 Olympic Games in the 60 kg category, defeated 3-0 the Uzbek Fazliddin Gaibnazarov.
La Cruz (81 kg), did the same against the Ukrainian Oleksandr Ganzulia.
However, Cuba's boxer in the over 91 kg, Yoandi Toirac, fell 0-3 against the Russian Magomed Omarov.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2698
- today: 2005
- online: 66
- total: 4923777