Oct 23, -- The Cuban Lazaro Alvarez and Julio Cesar La Cruz, current world champions in their respective divisions, showed themselves to be the favorites, with wins tyesterday at the quarter-finals of the World Boxing Championships, based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Alvarez, also bronze medalist at the London-2012 Olympic Games in the 60 kg category, defeated 3-0 the Uzbek Fazliddin Gaibnazarov.
La Cruz (81 kg), did the same against the Ukrainian Oleksandr Ganzulia.
However, Cuba's boxer in the over 91 kg, Yoandi Toirac, fell 0-3 against the Russian Magomed Omarov.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 871
- online: 206
- total: 4101067