Havana team will represent Cuba in the 1st North, Central American and Caribbean Confederation (CONCACAF) Futsal Champions Clubs, which began in Guatemala yesterday.
The Cuban squad, coached by Clemente Reynoso, will debut today in Group A against the El Salvador National University (UES) club, to face the host Glucosoral team.
The event, based at the Guatemala City Sports Dome, will include 6 regional teams, divided into 2 groups. Borussia from Costa Rica, Mexico’s Sidekicks and Canadian Toronto FC appear in Poole B.
The Cuban team was made up by the best players in the recently concluded national championship, held in Las Tunas province, which was won by Granma.
The team includes several men with World Cup experience, such as the goalkeeper Wilfredo Carbo, the defender Ronald Egozcue, winger Jhonet Martinez and the pivot Itsven Roman and is completed with Daniel Hernandez, Denis Marquez, Fernando Chapman, Alejandro Marrero and Luis Jerez.
According to the competitive schedule, the top 2 teams of each group will fight for the tournament's crown on Sunday.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 3017
- online: 151
- total: 5755391