Havana team will represent Cuba in the 1st North, Central American and Caribbean Confederation (CONCACAF) Futsal Champions Clubs, which began in Guatemala yesterday.
The Cuban squad, coached by Clemente Reynoso, will debut today in Group A against the El Salvador National University (UES) club, to face the host Glucosoral team.
The event, based at the Guatemala City Sports Dome, will include 6 regional teams, divided into 2 groups. Borussia from Costa Rica, Mexico’s Sidekicks and Canadian Toronto FC appear in Poole B.
The Cuban team was made up by the best players in the recently concluded national championship, held in Las Tunas province, which was won by Granma.
The team includes several men with World Cup experience, such as the goalkeeper Wilfredo Carbo, the defender Ronald Egozcue, winger Jhonet Martinez and the pivot Itsven Roman and is completed with Daniel Hernandez, Denis Marquez, Fernando Chapman, Alejandro Marrero and Luis Jerez.
According to the competitive schedule, the top 2 teams of each group will fight for the tournament's crown on Sunday.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 1214
- online: 87
- total: 5552330