Havana team will represent Cuba in the 1st North, Central American and Caribbean Confederation (CONCACAF) Futsal Champions Clubs, which began in Guatemala yesterday.
The Cuban squad, coached by Clemente Reynoso, will debut today in Group A against the El Salvador National University (UES) club, to face the host Glucosoral team.
The event, based at the Guatemala City Sports Dome, will include 6 regional teams, divided into 2 groups. Borussia from Costa Rica, Mexico’s Sidekicks and Canadian Toronto FC appear in Poole B.
The Cuban team was made up by the best players in the recently concluded national championship, held in Las Tunas province, which was won by Granma.
The team includes several men with World Cup experience, such as the goalkeeper Wilfredo Carbo, the defender Ronald Egozcue, winger Jhonet Martinez and the pivot Itsven Roman and is completed with Daniel Hernandez, Denis Marquez, Fernando Chapman, Alejandro Marrero and Luis Jerez.
According to the competitive schedule, the top 2 teams of each group will fight for the tournament's crown on Sunday.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 1723
- online: 151
- total: 6070187