Sept 28, -- Cuban martial arts master Roberto Vargas Lee is representing his country's Chinese community at a meeting of the overseas Chinese in this capital, on the occasion of the 64th anniversary of the People's Republic of China.
In a statement to Prensa Latina news agency, Vargas Lee said that he is attending the meeting following an invitation of the Chinese embassy in Havana.
The meeting, which begins today and concludes on Tuesday, will include discussions on cultural and sports aspects, as well as other topics related to the development of those communities.
Vargas Lee, who is the vice-president of the Jianshen Qigong International Federation and one of the founders of that therapeutic practice in Cuba, studied Wushu in the 90's at the Physical Cultural Institute of Beijing.
Delegations of Chinese Qigong masters have traveled to Cuba in the last three years to give technical seminar of that discipline.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 3590
- online: 139
- total: 4485343