Oct 28, -- The Cuba's women soccer team, U-20 years old, fell 2 goals to 1 against its Dominican counterpart and finished in 4th place of the Caribbean qualifying phase, which was held in Kingston, Jamaica.
The Caribbeans, led by coach Jose Luis Elejalde, ended their participation in the tournament with 2 wins and 3 losses and failed to reach 1 of the 2 tickets to the FIBA Americas Championship, to be played in January 2014 in Cayman Islands.
Yoana Calderón was the best Cuban player to finish as top scorer with 9 goals, while Karenia Núñez highlighted by the winners.
In the first place, Jamaica beat 1-0 to Trinidad and Tobago; thus, both teams will go to world-qualifying top in Cayman Islands.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3864
- online: 191
- total: 3856688