Oct 30, -- With the aim of encouraging the athletes break, new schedules for the celebration of the challenges in the coming 53rd National Baseball Series scheduled from November 3rd will be implemented.
Among the changes announced today at the Technical Congress are starting night games at 7.15 pm, including television broadcasts, which previously started after 8 o'clock.
Another measure that will help the return of the players and the enjoyment of the meetings will make Saturday's tops at 1:15 pm and 4.15 pm., respectively.
The competitive schedule will, in the 1st round, 15 subsets of 3 games, with one day off or transfer for each of the 16 teams involved in the championship.
The preliminary stage will run from November 3rd to December 29th to come, while the elite round of 8 teams will run from January 11th to March 17th, 2014, and the post season from March 19th to April 7th.
The monarch Villa Clara will receive runner-up Matanzas in the opening match of the tournament, in time including the stops of Pinar del Rio-Isla de la Juventud, Artemisa-Las Tunas, Mayabeque-Cienfuegos, Camaguey-Granma, Holguin-Ciego de Avila, Santiago of Cuba-Guantanamo and Industriales and Sancti Spiritus.
Higinio Vélez, national commissioner of the discipline, highlighted the need to meet the tight schedule to not affect the rest of the athletes or extending the duration of the National Series more than it is planned.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2426
- online: 87
- total: 5937249