Nov 11, -- 260 runners from 32 nations have signed to participate in the XXVII Marabana-Maracuba Project, to be held on November 17th and will be dedicated to the XX Congress of the Confederation of Workers of Cuba, CTC.
Carlos Gattorno, Director General of the project, said at a press conference at the Adolfo Luque Latinoamericano Stadium's Hall, that 2187 national walkers are registered and others 2850 are being processed, so a greater number of participants is expected in this edition.
"All who run the 42 and 21 kms will receive medals and the ones to cover 10 km will be given a specially made pottery for the event," said the manager.
He also noted that is also confirmed the presence of prominent local figures including Dailin Belmonte, winner in the half marathon of the previous edition and Yailén Garcia, winner in the 42 km and 195 meters, as well as Henry Jaen, Yudileyvis Castillo, Jose Alberto Sanchez, Jorge Luis González, and Mariela González reappears.
Juan Carlos Mesa, Deputy Director General of Marabana-Maracuba, added that the current project includes the emblematic runs simultaneously carried out in all provinces to contribute to the development of values in children and youth, which are dedicated to historical local events and dates of each territory.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3515
- online: 109
- total: 4841959