Nov 13, -- Santiago de Cuba rose alone to the top of the 53rd National Baseball Series to beat Holguin for the 2nd time, this time by 4-3 closed margin.
In a clash made at the Santiago's Guillermón Moncada stadium, Los Cachorros scored first 3 in the 1st entry from 4 hits before the home opener Edialbert Valentin, including Yoannis Quintana's doublet; however, Las Avispas regained the lead with 4 in the 6th episode with highlights of Hector Olivera with RBI double.
Orlando Barroso successfully starred as reliever in four entries, where he only allowed 1 hit to Holguin, while the loss corresponded to Walnier Osorio. Thus, with a positive balance of 6-2, Santiago took the lead of the championship when combined its victory with Matanzas 9-8 and Mayabeque 10-6 defeats facing Isla de la Juventud and Granma, respectively.
Ciego de Avila scored its 5th victory in line to beat 8-3 to Camagüey with highlight performance of Rubén Valdés, 4-2, with 2 trailers, plus homers of Jose Garcia and Yorelvis Charles, while Dachel Duquesne won the victory.
Meanwhile, Pinar del Rio broke its 4 losing streak by beating 3-2 to Sancti Spiritus with 2nd credit of pitcher Erlis Casanova, who spread 5 hits and 1 clean in 7 chapters.
In other matches of the day, Artemisa threw more salt in the wound of Los Elefantes of Cienfuegos to overcome by 4-2; Guantanamo defeated 8-6 to Villa Clara for the 2nd time, while heavy rains prevented the crash Las Tunas-Industriales in the capital.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 1819
- online: 146
- total: 5945585