Nov 13, -- Santiago de Cuba rose alone to the top of the 53rd National Baseball Series to beat Holguin for the 2nd time, this time by 4-3 closed margin.
In a clash made at the Santiago's Guillermón Moncada stadium, Los Cachorros scored first 3 in the 1st entry from 4 hits before the home opener Edialbert Valentin, including Yoannis Quintana's doublet; however, Las Avispas regained the lead with 4 in the 6th episode with highlights of Hector Olivera with RBI double.
Orlando Barroso successfully starred as reliever in four entries, where he only allowed 1 hit to Holguin, while the loss corresponded to Walnier Osorio. Thus, with a positive balance of 6-2, Santiago took the lead of the championship when combined its victory with Matanzas 9-8 and Mayabeque 10-6 defeats facing Isla de la Juventud and Granma, respectively.
Ciego de Avila scored its 5th victory in line to beat 8-3 to Camagüey with highlight performance of Rubén Valdés, 4-2, with 2 trailers, plus homers of Jose Garcia and Yorelvis Charles, while Dachel Duquesne won the victory.
Meanwhile, Pinar del Rio broke its 4 losing streak by beating 3-2 to Sancti Spiritus with 2nd credit of pitcher Erlis Casanova, who spread 5 hits and 1 clean in 7 chapters.
In other matches of the day, Artemisa threw more salt in the wound of Los Elefantes of Cienfuegos to overcome by 4-2; Guantanamo defeated 8-6 to Villa Clara for the 2nd time, while heavy rains prevented the crash Las Tunas-Industriales in the capital.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1265
- online: 136
- total: 4221831