Nov 14, -- Holguin escaped from the sweep at the 53rd National Baseball Series by beating 5-2 to Santiago de Cuba, a result which allowed the return of Matanzas to the top of the leading board.
Carlos Olexis Gonzalez led off Holguin's triumph from the mound by spreading 4 hits and 1 clean in 6 innings while the defeat went to Ulfrido García and the killer Pablo Millan Fernandez won his 2nd save of the Season.
A couple of homers of Yoannis Quintana and Oscar del Rosario, both with 2 trailers per capita, led Holguin's offensive back to the 2nd seat with balance of 6-3, like Santiago de Cuba.
Matanzas with 6-2, liquidated 5-1 to Isla de la Juventud to master their particular subset and return to the place of honor with 2nd win of Yaniel Blanco and highlight performance of Ariel Blanco Sanchez, author of 1 homer and 2 RBIs.
However, the rain prevented the double play between Las Tunas and Industriales, while Pinar del Rio dust off successfully from Sancti Spiritus' whip with a 4-0 victory, led by Julio Alfredo Martínez, who just allowed 1 hit in 6 innings and a half, and offensive support from William Saavedra, 4-2, with 1 homer and 3 RBIs.
Meanwhile, Guantanamo completed the sweep over the monarch Villa Clara by a knock out of 10-0, while Artemisa also passed the sweep 4-1 against the battered Cienfuegos, which filed its 8th failure in 9 starts.
In the other matches of the day, Granma passed 9-8 to Mayabeque with homers of Despaigne Alfredo and Carlos Benitez for the winners, while Camagüey ordered 5-4 to Ciego de Avila, with offensive support of shortstop Alexander Ayala and excellent pitching of Norge Luis Ruiz.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4664
- online: 208
- total: 6665481