Havana, November 16 (RHC) The new Sports Ministry of Chile was set up on nFriday, during a ceremony in which President Sebastian Piñera appointed Gabriel Ruiz-Tagle as new minister.
Ruiz-Tagle previously headed the National Sports Institute, which was under the Government General Secretariat and which now disappears under the law that created the new ministry.
The new minister, who assumes his post three months before President Piñera concludes his term in office, said that he will submit a proposal on the country’s sports policy for the next ten year. However, the workers with the former Sports Institute have described the new ministry as a failure, because they claim that the new structure will not bring any benefits to the local sports people.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 3123
- online: 120
- total: 4939029