Nov 18, -- Colombians celebrated during the weekend the selection of Santa Marta, the capital city of the Colombian department of Magdalena, on the Caribbean coast, to host the 2017 Bolivarian Games, honoring Simon Bolivar, the liberator of several South American nations from Spain.
Santa Marta holds special importance for Colombians and other South American citizens since it was on a village on the Caribbean coast of Colombia near the city where the Liberator Simon Bolivar died in 1830.
Santa Marta’s residents vowed to prepare the best conditions for a Bolivarian Games.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4903
- today: 1064
- online: 153
- total: 3862828