Nov 18, -- Colombians celebrated during the weekend the selection of Santa Marta, the capital city of the Colombian department of Magdalena, on the Caribbean coast, to host the 2017 Bolivarian Games, honoring Simon Bolivar, the liberator of several South American nations from Spain.
Santa Marta holds special importance for Colombians and other South American citizens since it was on a village on the Caribbean coast of Colombia near the city where the Liberator Simon Bolivar died in 1830.
Santa Marta’s residents vowed to prepare the best conditions for a Bolivarian Games.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 2240
- online: 132
- total: 4934013