Nov 18, -- Colombians celebrated during the weekend the selection of Santa Marta, the capital city of the Colombian department of Magdalena, on the Caribbean coast, to host the 2017 Bolivarian Games, honoring Simon Bolivar, the liberator of several South American nations from Spain.
Santa Marta holds special importance for Colombians and other South American citizens since it was on a village on the Caribbean coast of Colombia near the city where the Liberator Simon Bolivar died in 1830.
Santa Marta’s residents vowed to prepare the best conditions for a Bolivarian Games.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1272
- online: 142
- total: 4221838