Bayamo, November 19 (RHC)—- The Twenty Sixth Mountain Sports Games are underway in the Eastern Cuban city of Bayamo with the participation of at least five hundred students who live and practice sports in the historic Sierra Maestra Mountain Range, which covers part of the territory of the Eastern Cuban provinces of Granma and Santiago de Cuba.
The Mountain Sports Games include school children from nine to twelve years of age, both boys and girls. They compete in baseball, football, boxing and track and field.
The exhibition of their abilities reflects the efforts made by Cuba’s education system and the quality of life of students in that remote and difficult area of the largest Island in the Caribbean.
Trainers and sports officials in that area express their admiration for the way the mountain youngsters assimilate sports techniques and bring a high quality spectacle to audiences in the lowlands.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 2028
- online: 239
- total: 4080509