Bayamo, November 19 (RHC)—- The Twenty Sixth Mountain Sports Games are underway in the Eastern Cuban city of Bayamo with the participation of at least five hundred students who live and practice sports in the historic Sierra Maestra Mountain Range, which covers part of the territory of the Eastern Cuban provinces of Granma and Santiago de Cuba.
The Mountain Sports Games include school children from nine to twelve years of age, both boys and girls. They compete in baseball, football, boxing and track and field.
The exhibition of their abilities reflects the efforts made by Cuba’s education system and the quality of life of students in that remote and difficult area of the largest Island in the Caribbean.
Trainers and sports officials in that area express their admiration for the way the mountain youngsters assimilate sports techniques and bring a high quality spectacle to audiences in the lowlands.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2306
- online: 142
- total: 4840750