Havana,24 jul (RHC) The Cuban sextet took fifth place in the men's volleyball tournament in the Pan American Games yesterday after beating the United States team by three sets to 1.
Cubans, runners-up in the Games of Guadalajara 2011, won with sets of 28-30 , 25-22 , 25-14 and 25-22, in two hours and six minutes.
Rolando Cepeda with 24 points and Javier Jimenez with 18 units commanded the Cuban offense, which closes with a favorable record of three victories and two defeats in the men's volleyball competition in Toronto.
Cuba debuted with a loss to Argentina, even after beating Brazil and Colombia and fall in the quarter- final against Puerto Rico, in a match where they dominated the first two sets.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 665
- online: 27
- total: 5146700