Nov 22, -- Four life or death games are facing male teams fighting for top slots in Cuba’s Superior Basketball League, while on the female side the team representing Pinar del Rio, Cuba’s westernmost province, has won ALL its twenty four games and is undefeated, a feat unparalleled in these national basketball meets.
Winners in the female said are almost identified. The girls from Western Cuba are followed by the Santiago de Cuba team with 17 wins and seven defeats, in second place. Third and fourth slots are filled by Capítalinas –representing the capital city province of Havana— with 15 and seven—and Guantanamo, the Eastern-most territory, with fourteen and eight.
The Pinar del Rio female team might have the chance of winning the championship on the boys side since they will face to relatively weak teams in the two remaining matches
As for the male teams, Havana heads the roster, with seventeen wins and five defeats, followed by Ciego de Avila, in East Central Cuba, with sixteen and eight and by Matanzas, in Central Western Cuba with 11 wins and 13 losses.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3728
- online: 122
- total: 4377850