Nov 22, -- The President of the Cuban National Sports, Christian Jimenez, said the first priority of the Cuban Sports Movement is to maintain its achievements.
At a televised round table, the top official of the Cuban Sports Institute said important tasks in this period are the rescue of sports installations, some of which are deteriorated, and a new Policy of increased monetary remuneration to sports figures and their trainers.
Improved monetary compensation and of living conditions of trainers, sportsmen and other specialists cannot match those figures handled by rented sports and it does not aim at equaling them, but represent a stimulation for our people to improve living standards and conditions, the Sports official said.
Seventy two percent of the nation’s over five thousand sports installations are in a regular or bad state of conservation, Mr. Jimenez said. Funds have been earmarked for the progressive improvement of those installations, he added.
The huge Panamerican Sports Stadium in Havana needs specialized reconstruction work that will have to wait until funds are available, the Cuban Sports Institute Chairman said.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2778
- online: 128
- total: 5537331