Caracas, Nov 23, (RHC), -- Venezuela will restore the Stadium of Guatamare located on the island of Margarita, after being selected to host the 2014 Caribbean Baseball Series.
The state Legislative Council of Nueva Esparta approved an additional credit of nearly $10 million U.S. dollars revamp the facility, with a capacity for 6,000 spectators.
The local newspaper El Sol de Margarita reported on Friday that renovations will include new seats, and warm-up areas for the players.
The Caribbean Baseball Series is scheduled to be held in early February, with the participation of the Dominican Republic (current world champion), Puerto Rico and Venezuela. The participation of Cuba is yet to be confirmed.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4812
- today: 803
- online: 175
- total: 4216897