Caracas, Nov 23, (RHC), -- Venezuela will restore the Stadium of Guatamare located on the island of Margarita, after being selected to host the 2014 Caribbean Baseball Series.
The state Legislative Council of Nueva Esparta approved an additional credit of nearly $10 million U.S. dollars revamp the facility, with a capacity for 6,000 spectators.
The local newspaper El Sol de Margarita reported on Friday that renovations will include new seats, and warm-up areas for the players.
The Caribbean Baseball Series is scheduled to be held in early February, with the participation of the Dominican Republic (current world champion), Puerto Rico and Venezuela. The participation of Cuba is yet to be confirmed.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3450
- today: 1569
- online: 141
- total: 5757393