Havana, November 27 (RHC)-- Cuban Judo stars idalis Ortiz and Maria Celia Laborde will compete at Tokyo’s Grand Slam this coming weekend, a Cuban sports spokesman confirmed.
Ortiz, Olympic Champion in London 2012 and in the World Championshp of Rio de Janeiro this year will compete in the more that 78 kilogrammes division.
She has just played at the Brazilian Grand Prix with the Minas Gerais team, that got the titte.
Laborde, meanwhile, will meet her adversaries in the 48 kilogrammes division. She has rendered an outstanding performance in Rio de Janeiro, where she won fifth place as a player for a local Brazilian team.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 1917
- online: 122
- total: 4467894