Nov 28, -- Cuba released today the list of the best ten athletes of the year, with judo experts Idalys Ortiz and Asley Gonzalez heading the list, following the vote of a survey issued by the National Sports, Physical Education and Recreation Institute, INDER.
In other disciplines, the best ones were basketball expert Yamara Amargo and baseball player Freddy Asiel Alvarez, while in Boxing, the title went to Yoandri Toirac.
The list of the 10 outstanding athletes also includes boxers Julio Cesar la Cruz and Lazaro Alvarez, Tae Kwon Do experts Yarelis Silva and in athletics Pedro Pablo Pichardo, while in Chess Leinier Dominguez got the majority of the votes.
Alfredo Despigne in boxing, Livan Lopez in wrestling and Angel Fournier in rowing completed the list.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1025
- online: 89
- total: 4843162