Caracas, November 30 (RHC).---The new date for the Third South American Beach Games, to be held in the Venezuelan state of Vargas, will be decided at the forthcoming session of the South American Sports Organization.
The Institution will meet in Brazil from December 12 to 15. The Venezuelan delegation will be headed by Sports Minister, Alejandra Benitez.
A South American Sports Organization is visiting Venezuela this week end to inspect beach installations for the tournament.
Asked by reporters, the South American sports official said the competition had to be postponed from its initial date in December because some of the participating nations did not have the two thousand air travel tickets needed for the participants.
The new date for the event will allow the inclusion of Panama in the beach games.
So far, nine hundred athletes from 12 countries have classified for participation in the Venezuelan-organized games.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1101
- online: 113
- total: 4950765