HAVANA, November 30 (RHC ) 48 kilogram Cuban judo star Celia Laborde ranked seventh in the World in her division at the opening session of Tokyo’s Grand Slam competition, whose top five slots were won by the host team.
The Cuban star began by defeating her Chinese opponent Shishi Xie, but then yielded to her two following Japanese opponents.
The Judo Grand Slam has convened in Tokyo three hundred and thirty six competitors from forty six nations.
The other Cuban judoka, Idalys Ortiz, 78 kilos and over, will meet her opponents this Sunday at Tokyo´s Metropolitan Gym.
As expected, Japan is leading the medal chart, with five gold and seven bronze, followed by Brazil, Mongolia, the United States, South Korea, France and Romania.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1642
- online: 121
- total: 4929345