HAVANA, November 30 (RHC ) 48 kilogram Cuban judo star Celia Laborde ranked seventh in the World in her division at the opening session of Tokyo’s Grand Slam competition, whose top five slots were won by the host team.
The Cuban star began by defeating her Chinese opponent Shishi Xie, but then yielded to her two following Japanese opponents.
The Judo Grand Slam has convened in Tokyo three hundred and thirty six competitors from forty six nations.
The other Cuban judoka, Idalys Ortiz, 78 kilos and over, will meet her opponents this Sunday at Tokyo´s Metropolitan Gym.
As expected, Japan is leading the medal chart, with five gold and seven bronze, followed by Brazil, Mongolia, the United States, South Korea, France and Romania.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 1449
- online: 116
- total: 4460450