HAVANA, November 30 (RHC ) 48 kilogram Cuban judo star Celia Laborde ranked seventh in the World in her division at the opening session of Tokyo’s Grand Slam competition, whose top five slots were won by the host team.
The Cuban star began by defeating her Chinese opponent Shishi Xie, but then yielded to her two following Japanese opponents.
The Judo Grand Slam has convened in Tokyo three hundred and thirty six competitors from forty six nations.
The other Cuban judoka, Idalys Ortiz, 78 kilos and over, will meet her opponents this Sunday at Tokyo´s Metropolitan Gym.
As expected, Japan is leading the medal chart, with five gold and seven bronze, followed by Brazil, Mongolia, the United States, South Korea, France and Romania.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4089
- today: 3834
- online: 162
- total: 6498254